How to get the old Facebook Homepage back

Seems that since Google+ opened its doors to public, Facebook is in a rush to roll out "enhancements and tweaks" over the past few weeks. Facebook is changing almost everything from their old interface. From chat, to how we share/update our status, and just a week ago the Improved Friend Lists and the Subscribe Button.

Today they rolled out the "stalker mini-feed" or the "ticker" as Facebook calls it. This is News feed in real-time as you can see instanteneously when a friend do something such as accepts friend requests, posts something, comments, shares something and even check in to a place. This is "stalker heaven" as a friend describes it.

The News Feed is revamped too. The "top news" and "most recent" stories are now merged into a single stream. Read more about the change here. Oh, and you'll notice that the photos became bigger.

The ticker is on the right corner of the page, its rather annoying if you have a lot of friends as it scrolls down every other second. You now can't choose to see "top news" or "more recent" posts as it is merged together. The box on the left is the Improved friend lists, as if I haven't grouped my friends into the lists before.

Now we go to the main topic of my post, If you want to revert to the old Facebook, just tick the “Account Setting” tab then change the Language from “English US” to “English UK” then save it. Voila, that will do the trick and your Facebook is stripped of these two new features.

Oh and speaking of Google+ add me there. http://gplus.to/rajavoom

Source: Facebook blog

UPDATE: The tweak is not working anymore. Seems like they rolled out the "enhancements" to Facebook UK too. Ugh.

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Be a fan of Prosti on Facebook. Follow me on Plurk and Twitter.
For any questions please feel free to contact me here
.

Comments

  1. It worked TEMPORARILY. For a few hours for me then it changed back to the new facebook even though it still said English UK at the bottom.,
    I even tried changing back to English USA and then back to English UK and had the OLD facebook back for 3 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I quickly posted an update as soon as I found out. It worked when I opened and reverted my Facebook in a cafe. But after a few hours when I checked my facebook back home I was surprised when it's back to the new layout. Tried reverting but failed. Learned from my friends that they too had the same problem and the "English (UK)" loophole have been fixed. It seems that they rolled out the ticker and new news feed to Facebook UK after only a few hours apart from Facebook US.

    I hate this new news feed and ticker. :( I hope Facebook will do about this uproar on their new news feed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment