Tambay anyone?

Tambay = Filipino slang “tambay” comes from “istambay” which is derived from the English word standby or stand by. Source

A cheap way to escape from summer searing heat is going to an air-conditioned internet cafe. You'll only need to shell out as low as Php 15.00 (.35 US$) per hour to surf the net or play on-line games. You don't even need to spend a single peso if you'll just hang there with your buddies and if your acquainted with the cafe owner. But when I saw this sign on front of a nearby internet cafe, it made me laugh and I couldn't resist snapping a photo and blogging about it. Hanging at their cafe costs Php5.00 or roughly .12 US$ per hour. I wonder how they know if how long a "customer" hanged out at their cafe.

Here's a close-up shot.


Lucky I found this on a nearby internet cafe and not on the one where I hang out. :)

Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.

Be a fan of Prosti on Facebook. Follow me on Plurk and Twitter.
For any questions please feel free to contact me here
.

Comments