Here's your chance to conquer Mt. Batulao which is situated 811 meters above sea level. The summit offers an exhilarating 360 degree view of Taal Lake, the Batangas province, the South China Sea and the surrounding mountains like Mt. Talamitam.
The trek, categorized as a Moderate, Level 2, Minor Climb, is open to all climbers of all levels – from beginners and first-timers to more experienced climbers, aged 12 years old and above. Pro-level mountaineers will be on hand to facilitate the climb and ensure the safety of the participants.
To be part of this fun and challenging activity, you'll just need to leave a reply on the event page with the following details:
Name:You may also call (02) 8175876 / 8943019 for any questions.
Registration fee: Php 200 per participant
1. Orientation is at 8:00 am and will be held at Nale in Sandari Batulao. Attendance to the orientation is optional for experienced climbers but is REQUIRED for all beginners and first-time climbers. Assembly time for the climb is at 9:30 am. The climb will take approximately 3-4 hours.
2. Registration fee is P200 per participant to cover local Mt. Batulao climbing fees, snacks and transfers from Sandari Batulao to start of hiking trail.
3. Participants will be required to sign a waiver before they will be allowed to join the climb.
4. Pregnant women, people with heart ailments, asthma and those with health conditions that forbid strenuous activities will not be permitted to join the climb.
5. Participants are advised to wear comfortable and light clothing and trekking shoes. Slippers, flimsy sandals and high heels are not advisable.
6. Participants are advised to wear sunscreen and wear a hat/cap and/or bring an umbrella to be ready for unexpected weather. Make sure to water-proof you belongings especially electronics such as cellphones and cameras.
7. Participants are advised to bring plenty of drinking water, preferably around 1.5 liters. They are also advised to bring additional snacks if they see fit.
8. Participants are advised to eat an energy-filled meal prior to the climb.
9. Smoking and littering are strictly forbidden during the climb. Likewise, participants are not allowed to pick and take home flowers, leaves and other such items from the mountain.
10. Those who will be unable to reach the summit will be asked to wait at the campsite while the rest of the party continues the climb. The group will just come back for them after they have reached the summit and the whole party will descend the mountain all together.
For more details click here.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Be a fan of Prosti on Facebook. Follow me on Plurk and Twitter.
For any questions please feel free to contact me here.