Got a free Saturday this summer? Then check out this FREE event courtesy of Sandari Batulao.
Sandari Forest Trekking Adventure
An educational family fun-trek at the Sandari Forest Reserve
All Saturdays of Summer starting February 19 till until May 21
This event is for FREE. There is NO REGISTRATION FEE for joining.
Explore the rich biodiversity of the Sandari Forest Reserve in an approximately two-hour trek open to all outdoor enthusiasts aged 12 years old and above.
See gigantic century-old trees. Learn about the diverse flora & fauna endemic to Batulao. Capture nature’s captivating sceneries on your camera.
HOW TO JOIN:
To be part of this fun and meaningful family activity, kindly leave a reply/comment on their Facebook Fanpage (you have to "like" first before you can leave a comment) with the following details:
You may also call 817-5876 or 894-3019 or visit www.sandaribatulao.com for more details.
Click to read more
WHERE TO EAT AFTER THE TREK:
• Bawai’s at Sandari – A Vietnamese kusina inside Sandari Batulao for a taste of authentic Asian flavors
• Sandari View Deck – Bring your own hearty lunch and spread a blanket under the tents overlooking Mt. Batulao for a cozy family picnic
• Roadside Eateries near Evercrest Golf Club – For the adventurous ones wishing to sample affordable home-cooked Batangas fare
If your more adventurous you can spend the night at a beach in Nasugbu.
HOW TO GET THERE:
Located at Km77, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas and 10 minutes away from Metro Tagaytay, along the Nasugbu-Tagaytay Tourism National Highway, Sandari Batulao is just an hour and a half drive from Makati via the South Luzon Expressway, through Sta. Rosa Exit.
1. Assembly will be at Nalé, Sandari Batulao, at 9:00 a.m.
2. Participants will be asked to sign a waiver before they will be allowed to join the trek.
3. Pregnant women, people with heart ailments and those with health conditions that forbid strenuous activities will not be permitted to join the trek.
4. Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes. Slippers and high heels are not advisable. Long sleeved shirts and long pants are recommended to protect trekkers from protruding tree branches along the trail.
5. Participants are advised to wear insect repellent lotion.
6. Participants are advised to bring drinking water.
7. Smoking and littering are strictly forbidden inside the Sandari forest. Likewise, participants are not allowed to pick and take home flowers, leaves and other such items from the forest.
Oh yeah, they will be having a fun-climb to Mt. Batulao on March 12, you can also join that.
Like this post? Subscribe to this blog by clicking HERE.
Be a fan of Prosti on Facebook. Follow me on Plurk and Twitter.
For any questions please feel free to contact me here.