Search Prosti for old posts

Custom Search

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Amazon Kindle

I wanted to blog about it the moment I read that Amazon.com released an International version and will be shipping to the Philippines. I just remembered it this afternoon when my sister asked me about it. She said Kris Aquino raved about this gadget last night on TV.


Well, basically Kindle is a wireless Ebook reader. It can store a whooping 1,500 books. And there's audiobooks too. You can have your newspaper, magazine and blogs delivered right into it, with a fee of course. Since it's 3g capable, you purchase and download anything from the Kindle store whenever, and wherever you want. Save you a trip on going on a bookstore.



It may cost around Php15,000 (plus tax and custom fees) but you still need to pay in US$. I think this is it's only disadvantage in owning one. You have to pay all those fees in US$ because you'll be buying all your books on Amazon US too. So say hello to US$ transactions on your credit card bills.

If you want to learn about the full specs click here. I don't want to elaborate more since there are a lot of blog posts and reviews about it. Here's one from Yugatech.

I like to have one but I think I still prefer the smell of new books.

Ta tah for now. I'll get back on reading Eclipse. Photobucket

Related Posts by Categories



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails